High Kingdom named to GB WEG Team
Great Britain named its World Equestrian Games (WEG) team. The squad in alphabetical order is:
- Tina Cook (43) from Worthing, West Sussex with Mr Jim Chromiak and her own De Novo News
- William Fox-Pitt (45) from Sturminster Newton, Dorset with Mr Christopher Stones’ Chilli Morning
- Pippa Funnell MBE (45) from Dorking, Surrey with Mr Jonathan and Mrs Jane Clarke’sBilly Beware
- Zara Phillips MBE (33) from Stroud, Gloucestershire with Gleadhill House Stud Ltd’s High Kingdom
- Izzy Taylor (31) from Banbury, Oxfordshire with Ms Frances Carter and Miss Susan Holroyd’s Allercombe Ellie
- Oliver Townend (31) from Ellesmere, Shropshire with Miss Karyn Shuter’s Black Tie II
Zara Phillips: “Obviously I’m really excited; it’s fantastic to be part of a team again. We’ve got a bit of work still to do to get back to where we were last year but will have a few more outings to make sure we are right on target with our preparation but it’s great to be back, fingers crossed. It’s always that extra bit special with every nation being involved. Last time [WEG, 2006] was our first four star Championships, so was a totally different experience, we had a fantastic week and I hope we can produce a good result for the team and the country.
“High Kingdom has improved each year and every time I’ve taken him to a big competition he’s got better and better. He’s felt good this year and hopefully will peak at the right time. None of us can do it without our owners and Trevor [Hemmings] has been with me a long time; he’s been a huge part of the yard for such a long time and I’m glad we’ve found such a good horse for him. High Kingdom is a very special traditional Irish horse, bred by William Micklem who also invented the fantastic Micklem bridle.”
NB Jackaroo stands at Michael Hutchinson’s Ballyquirke Stud, Gowran, Co Kilkenny
Frozen Semen available in USA through Shelbourne Farms!!