Cappa Cassanova (RID)
2006, Grey, 1.70m (16.3 hh) | Registered Irish Draught Stallion | Class 1 ID (IRE) | 205 cm (girth), 24cm | 9.44882 inches (bone).
- In 2007, as a yearling, Cappa Cassanova was Supreme Champion horse at both Corrandulla and Galway County Shows.
- He was also Champion yearling colt in 2007 at the National Show.
- In 2010 Cappa Cassanova placed an impressive 4th place in the RDS at only 4 years old. He was the youngest stallion in the class.
- Cappa Cassanova also received an award for been the highest placed newcomer.
- Also in 2010, Cappa Cassanova won Reserve Champion at the HSI sponsored All Ireland RID Stallion show in Clonaslee.
In 2011 Cappa Cassanova received joint top score, and was the Reserve Champion at the Northern Ireland Festival Working Hunter Class. Out of 39 horses in the class, he was the youngest horse in the class, the only Irish Draught Horse to compete in the class, as well as being the only Stallion in the class.
- At Equifestival Ireland 2011, held in Cavan, Cappa Cassanova won the Irish Draught Stallion ridden class. He then went on to win Supreme Champion Irish Draught.
- He also won his place in the Side Saddle Class. His first ever time been ridden in a side-saddle class.
- In August 2011 "Cassanova" was Reserve Champion Irish Draught Stallion at the RDS and at the All Ireland Stallion Class in Clonaslee.
Cappa Cassanova is by the Grade A Grandprix Show jumping stallion Welcome Flagmount, who represented Ireland at the World Breeding Championship in Lanaken, Belgium in 2003.
His Grandsire Flagmount King, was also a grade A International Show jumper, famous for winning open competition against the clock.
His dam Headford Beauty also reflects excellent performance pedigree. She is be Kildalton Gold, said to be the most outstanding Irish Draught Stallion of his day in terms of conformation and quality.
Kildalton Gold is a son of Kildalton Countess by Ben Purple, who bred the dam of the Sydney Eventing Gold Medalist horse, Custom Made.
Cappa Cassanova is owned by Jimmy Quinn, Cappa Stud, Annaghdown, Co. Galway.
- $650/dose Frozen Semen.
- Contact us if you're interested in breeding to Cappa Cassanova!