1995, Grey, 1.68m (16.2 hh) | Irish Sport Horse Stallion.
. . . Performance Record . . .
Cruising has competed in most major shows throughout the world.
- Winner, Grand Prix – Aachen (1999), Dortmund (1999), Lucerne (1998), San Marino (1996) and Wolfsburg (1996)
- Winner, World Cup Qualifier – Millstreet (1997, 1998) and Geneva (1998)
- 2nd Place, World Cup Final – Gothenburg (1999)
- 8th Place, World Championships (1998)
- 7th Place, European Championships (1997)
- Ranked 10th, WBFSH (1996/1997 & 1997/1998)
- Winning Nations Cup Teams – Dublin (1997, 1995), Rotherdam (1996), Aachen (1995), Calgary (1995) and San Marino (1994)
- 2nd Place, Grand Prix – Eindhoven (1998), Windsor (1997), Dusseldorf (1998, Paris-Champs (1996) and Hackenburg (1996)
- 3rd Place, Grand Prix – Frankfurt (1996)
- 4th Place, Grand Prix – Aachen (1997)
Cruising breeding now available through Cruising CLONES.
Cruising is by the registered Irish Draught Sea Crest, a Grade A Show Jumper, winning at all major shows throughout Ireland. Sea Crest’s dam Sea Spray is by Tara, also maternal Sire of the well known Clover Hill.
Cruising’s dam Mullacrew was an International Show Jumper, winning at such shows as Lucerne, Rome and Wembley. Mullacrew’s sire, Nordlys, was sire of many famous jumpers including Quept (German Team member for many seasons) and Olympic Gold Medalist Ambassador (Italy).
Cruising’s grand dam, Big Idea, was a full sister to the famous Irish stallion Ideal Waters. Big Idea was by Waterserpent, sire of International Show Jumpers too numerous to mention, but these include such horses as The Rock, Rockette, The Quiet Man and Kilkenny. Cruising traces back to all of the best Irish Show Jumpers, jumped by all countries since the 1940’s.
. . . Progeny . . .
Cruising, with progeny now jumping at the Grand Prix level, has sired beautiful quality horses with movement second to none.
- Cruise Missile:
- Winner, $50,000 EMO Grand Prix Culpepper, VA (1999)
- Winner, $35,000 HITS Grand Prix, Ocala (1999)
- Winner of 12 International classes Placed 3rd, 4th and 6th at Grand Prix competitions at Modena- CSI, Cervia CSI-B, Bourg en Bresse CSI-B and Le Courneuve CSI-B (1999)
- Sails Away:
- Winner, The Grand Prix at Drammen CSIO (1999)
- Sail Rain:
- Winner, The Grand Prix at Berne CSI (1998)
With young stock winning all over Ireland and abroad, and many young stock winning in the show ring, Cruising’s stock are in major demand world wide. His progeny at home include two with the Irish Army – Rincoola Abu and Cruise Hill.